Re: [Denemo-devel] Release 2.2

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Release 2.2
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2017 11:34:44 +0100

On Sat, 2017-07-15 at 11:16 +0100, Richard Shann wrote:
> On Fri, 2017-07-14 at 15:19 +0100, Richard Shann wrote:
> > On Thu, 2017-07-13 at 15:22 -0500, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> > >         Some good news - I've got the Virtual Keyboard working for
> > >         GTK<3.12, so
> > >         if it compiles and builds tonight successfully for Windows we
> > >         should be
> > >         able to go ahead with release 2.2 using the current GTK
> > >         version.
> > >

> > > Ok. This built.
> >
> > Well, the Gtk "theme" shipped with that Gtk version defeated that
> > attempt,
>
> It seems I can't guess what CSS names are used for these earlier
> versions, however I have pushed another way around the problem which
> again works on my GTK and should work on earlier versions too - if not
> I'll have to use old-style set_bg_color type function calls.
> I've bumped the version number to 2.1.5 so I can be sure what I am
> testing.

This has worked, the Windows version 2.1.5 now has a properly-drawn
virtual keyboard for entering notes.

If no one objects I suggest we start creating the release on Monday 24th
July.
Meanwhile, can users please test the candidate for version 2.2 which is
on this page, labeled 0.0.0, and which has the development version 2.1.5

http://www.denemo.org/~jjbenham/gub/uploads/?C=M;O=D