Re: [Denemo-devel] First Time Denemo [Mac] User - "LilyPond count not ty

From: Tony Ventura
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] First Time Denemo [Mac] User - "LilyPond count not typeset this score"
Date: Sun, 7 May 2017 17:17:50 +0000 (UTC)

Hello,

I'm determined to make this work. My use cases fall into the strengths of Denemo.

First, the dumb question:
Do I need to download and install LilyPond? I'm thinking no.

On your Downloads page, under the Windows Installer section it states, "

Additional question:

As I stated before, I was able to open Denemo by double-clicking, however:

I going to try again on both my old MacBook Pro (2011) and new (2016). I'm proceeding with the assumption that I don't need to download LilyPond.

Regarding launching with the Terminal, after placing the folder "Desktop" on my Mac's Finder desktop, I have deterred that the path is :

/Users/anthonyventura/Desktop/Desktop/Denemo.app/Contents/MacOS/denemo.sh

Launching in this manner, via Terminal, does allow Denemo to open successfiully. I've inputted two bars of music. Still can't get the preview window to preview. It says Invalid! try Score-> Check. I do that and it check's successfully.

So close..

Thank you all for your efforts to help me get Denemo working

Kind regards,
Tony Ventura
www.tonyventura.com