Re: [Denemo-devel] First Time Denemo [Mac] User - "LilyPond count not ty

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] First Time Denemo [Mac] User - "LilyPond count not typeset this score"
Date: Fri, 05 May 2017 17:52:07 +0100

On Fri, 2017-05-05 at 13:17 +0000, Tony Ventura wrote:
> Hi Richard,
> I just download the Mac version, denemo-2.1-0.darwin-x64.tar.bz2,
> double-clicked to extract, then CTRL+Right click Open on the extracted
> application, Denemo which allows me to click on the Open button, which
> is the Mac's way of allowing you to open an application from an
> unknown developer.
> Denemo now opens, then unexpectedly quits.
> I try to open again, the program flashes a screen then quits.
> Is there a recommended sequence of events that describe the proper
> installation? Not sure what I need to do with LilyPond.
> At this point, I have not entered any music.

I'm re-posting this to the list in case there are Mac users there who
can help. Jeremiah, who created denemo-2.1-0.darwin-x64.tar.bz2 may also
be able to comment usefully.

> I did try this on another, older MacBook Pro and was able to get the
> program to launch and stay open. The music I entered was 2 bars of 8th
> eighth notes. But the LilyPond preview did not work, which is what
> prompted my initial e-mail.

If you are still testing this version then my second email about setting
the LilyPond path in the preferences may be relevant.

Richard
By the way, please use the "Reply to All" or "Group Reply" buttons when
replying to a mailing list posting, as others will benefit from the
reply, and indeed in this case others may be able to help (I have no
access to any Mac).