Re: [Denemo-devel] Questions!

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Questions!
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2017 08:55:43 +0100

On Fri, 2017-04-21 at 08:40 +0100, Joe Wilkinson wrote:
> Hi Richard,
>
> 1 halfway through this file the noteheads change to "x".
and it is yellow/brown.
> I can't see how
> to normalise them (And didn't put the x's in deliberately.)

If you click on the first one in the Print View the cursor positions on
that note in the Denemo Display. There you see that it has no pitch, it
is a pure rhythm. It would be possible to switch back to printing notes
normally but this way the problem is more obvious - you might otherwise
print the piece out start playing it and then hit the mistake, which
would cost more in time, effort, paper and ink.

> 2. I can't seem to turn the "Keyboard Midi" state off reliably.

Have you got the latest version? (It has the octave change feature). Esc
key while in the Simulate MIDI script should put you back where you were
(background color, key press capture, return to your preference for
Rhythm Entry for MIDI in).

>  Setting
> the input keyboard note names default action didn't work

that command is described as:

Command: Note Names Default Action
Changes the shortcuts for note names a, b, c, d, e, f, g so that they
edit the note at the cursor, or append a note when in the appending
position.
Location: Main Menu ▶ Input ▶ PC Keyboard
Internal Name: NoteNamesDefault

If you still have the Simulate MIDI script running, most of those
keypresses are being intercepted and turned into simulated MIDI keys so
you won't see anything change.

> 3. In the attached file, though I had deleted the lyrics verses (to make
> the problem easier to see) they are still in the file!

What command did you use? The current version of Lyrics->Delete Verse
pops up a dialog to force you to confirm the choice, if you just hit
return it will not delete but popup a Cancelled info box.

> 4. Is there any way of making a tie-line dotted to indicate that it only
> happens in some verses?

You will need some LilyPond syntax to do that.

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/notation/expressive-marks-as-curves

 \slurDotted is the syntax for turning slurs dotted you could guess at
\tieDotted or look further in the LilyPond manual