Re: [Denemo-devel] Transpose on Print

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Transpose on Print
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2017 14:50:27 +0100

On Wed, 2017-03-29 at 12:46 +0100, Joe Wilkinson wrote:
> Hi Richard,
>
> I'm having problems with Transpose on print. I have 4 movements Tenor
> Mandola parts of Britten's Simple Symphony which I have printed out as
> separate pieces transposed down a fifth (so it can be played on the
> Tenor Mandola but AS if it were a mandolin. Saves learning a new clef.
>
> For all movements I transposed using Score > Transpose on Print ( f c ).
>
> When I import movements

What is "import movements" what commands are you using to do this?

>  2, 3 and 4 into movement 1, I get double
> transposition. (f becomes g in octave below) This isn't helpful.
>
> Is there a simple way of unTRansposing on Print? Should I go through the
> offending movements and tell them to Transpose (c  c)?

un-transposing can be done either by deleting the Denemo Directive in
the score/movement/staff properties editor or by setting it to (c c).

> Or have I missed something. Transpose doesn't seem to be available on
> score or movement Properties page.

The Movement Properties Editor and Score Properties Editor (actually the
same window with different panes open by default) will have all the
transpose commands that apply to movements and the whole score, only
staff transpose commands will not be there. The different transpose
directives will all apply in turn and so accumulate. You should apply
the transpose to the level you want it to act, bearing in mind any
"higher" level transpositions you are using. (You can, of course, make
these transpose directives conditional on particular layouts, and even
duplicate them to make different transpositions apply to different
layouts, but I don't suppose you need to do anything as tricky as that).