Re: [Denemo-devel] Problem

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Problem
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2017 15:07:51 +0000

On Thu, 2017-03-02 at 11:59 +0000, John Pye wrote:
> Dear Denemo,
>
> Firstly I must apologise because I have looked through the manual,
> tried several things and still can’t solve my problem. It is probably
> simple, but as a novice I can’t find a solution, so I will be very
> grateful if you can help.
>
> I have produced a simple score of about 50 bars, just for saxophone.
> When I click on print preview, some lines may have 8 bars in while
> others may only have 2. There are two lines of bars which extend to
> the side of the page,

running off the right hand edge is described in the manual actually - it
happens usually because one bar is a little short of the correct
duration (e.g. one 1/8 note is missing) and so it may happen that many
subsequent bars begin in the middle of a note, meaning there is no
legitimate place to begin a new line, so the line runs on .... and
on ... until a bar begins with some short notes and the line can be
broken.

Score->Check Score should locate the problem (or look out for colored
bars in the Denemo Display)

>  but the margin setting is 20mm, and is obeyed on the LH side but not
> the RH side. Can you help please?

A screenshot of what it looks like would help or you are welcome to post
your score (after compressing it), privately to me if it cannot be
published.