Re: [Denemo-devel] attached files

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] attached files
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2016 16:52:49 +0000

On Sun, 2016-01-10 at 16:20 +0000, Joe Wilkinson wrote:
> Hi Richard,
> :-(
> I have just posted a bug report about missing .DLL files.
> Furthermore denemo is continuing to fail to process my test3.denemo file
> of Andante cantabile.
> I have tested other files that previously worked, and they do still.
> I have tried deleting multiple staffs and all the 3/4  2/4 time changes
> to no avail.

The output log has this:
test3d.ly:15:10: error: cannot find file: `control-points.ly'

which is because you would have to pass the location of Denemo's
lilypond include files to the LilyPond typesetter (Denemo does this when
it runs the program), however you can either
      *  ignore it, as it isn't causing harm
      *  or remove it, via the Score Properties Editor, Deleting Denemo
        Score Directive:LilyPond Include File

then, (the real problem)

test3d.ly:2067:52: error: unknown escaped string: `\beamExceptions'

This is because Denemo was letting you create beamExceptions without
checking your LilyPond version number.
To fix this, while in the Score Properties Editor also delete
Denemo Directive:Set Beaming Rules

I've fixed Denemo now so it will not do this, unless you explicitly say
you have the relevant 2.19.xx version that introduced beamExceptions.

If in doubt, you could just delete all the directives in the Score
Properties, they are only tweaking things like the spacing between
systems and the indent and such - you can always re-tweak if you really
did intend to set those.