Re: [Denemo-devel] Chord Charts

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Chord Charts
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2015 17:56:31 +0000

On Sun, 2015-11-22 at 22:17 +0000, Joe Wilkinson wrote:
> OK.
> If I make the FretDiagram stave (which I want at top as a Stave, and the
> ChordSymbols and Tune  as Voices of the Fret diagrams chart), I can get
> more or less what I want in a simple display.
> Not quite intuitive - I naturally assumed that the Tune would be the
> Stave and the others Voices, but that puts them below..

Ok, I think the way things are described may be at fault. In Denemo a
staff is the thing with clef and time/key signatures and staff lines. A
voice is something on the staff. If that something is notes and rests
etc then it doesn't matter what order you put them in, they go on the
staff high or low depending on the pitch of the notes, but normally
you'll put the up stems voice at the top so it will be the voice on the
"real" staff, the one holding the clef, time/key sig.
In the case of the voice being just fret diagrams or chord symbols then
the order is the order they'll appear in (I think).

> Only problem is that the FretDiagram stave did not seem to accept an
> initial key signature, so the initial signature of the tune in G was not
> given and the F#'s were shown as accidentals.
> Adding a key-signature change fixed it.

Ah, yes, I see the key signature is (I guess) not being emitted because
it is fret diagrams, and then the voice doesn't get it. You're
workaround is excellent - that needs a bug report, thank you!

Are there still problems?

Richard