Re: [Denemo-devel] [bug #46465] Docs say animation controlled by Prefere

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] [bug #46465] Docs say animation controlled by Preferences
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2015 08:41:42 +0000

On Wed, 2015-11-18 at 21:57 -0500, Cantor Stuart Binder wrote:
> Richard,
>
> I changed the lyx file to version 2.0, committed the change, pulled & pushed,
> but I'm not sure if I did it correctly.

It was correct ok - probably pull-commit-push is a better order than
commit-pull-push because ...

>  The last commit message in the repository looks strange to me.

... it might avoid the strange commit message -
"Merge branch 'master' of ssh://git.sv.gnu.org/srv/git/denemo"
which you get because you have committed something to your local copy
and I had committed something to the remote one and you then pulled so
that on pushing it had to merge these. But if you are committing things
over a period before finally pushing then you will need to pull and
merge anything that has come in since you started committing stuff.

>  I haven't worked with git before, and using an unfamiliar tool makes me
> nervous.
>
> Going forward, I will try to remember to always export the lyx manual in 2.0
> format, at least until you can do the upgrade.
I'm planning on tackling that today.

> I did not receive any notification of the documentation bug assignment.
> It would be really handy in the future if I did.
> Is there a notification setting I need to change somewhere?

I don't know for sure - perhaps that is a bug in Savannah. As a further
experiment I have edited the manual to fix the bug and closed it - do
you receive a special notification that a bug assigned to you has been
altered? If so what would be needed is to add a message when assigning a
bug to someone, rather than just assigning it.