[Denemo-devel] Adding cresc. marking

From: Richard Shann
Subject: [Denemo-devel] Adding cresc. marking
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 2015 12:39:34 +0000

On Thu, 2015-11-05 at 12:31 +0000, Joe Wilkinson wrote:
> > Also. How do I put the command "cresc" into the score without it being
> > typeset with dots to the next dynamic mark.
>
> Well, I guess you know that you can add any text (Directives->Markings
> menu has several options) so perhaps what you are asking is about a
> marking that is to be understood by the LilyPond typesetter as a dynamic
> marking (so like the f for forte marking it stops a cresc etc)?
> I don't know what's already available in Denemo and what you could add
> via LilyPond for that, but I can look into it if you're interested.
>

> ####Nope. Directives, Markings, Textual Annotation works fine. And now I
> guess I need to create a shortcut!

The Multi-line text and Music gives more scope, but for simple things
Textual Annotation is good.

What is a good thing, though, is to think about whether this is a
one-off item or, like cresc. something you will want to use repeatedly.
If you will use it several times in the one score then make a snippet
of the first one and insert it using Ctrl-Space
if it is something you will use in many scores, make a palette button
cloning it (using the object editor). Then you will be able to insert it
with p, label, Enter
In both cases you avoid having slightly different appearance (e.g. cresc
with a dot or without, or in a bolder face or whatever...)

Richard
I've cc'd the list with this, as I think many will want to learn from
this.