Re: [Denemo-devel] Testsuite, step 1

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Testsuite, step 1
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2013 19:16:09 +0000

On Thu, 2013-11-14 at 17:23 +0100, Éloi Rivard wrote:
> About the loading of the last file, I look at this.
>
> About the thumbnail, how can I reproduce this bug ? I did not see such
> a message.
I think you must have the Denemo.prefs->enable_thumbnails set false.
I see why it is failing - contrary to what I thought the invocation of
denemo for thumbnails is via this line in printview.c

g_build_filename (get_system_bin_dir (), "denemo", NULL)

I guess that this is invoking the same executable as it is called from,
and hence it will fail because it tries to open the file in
non-interactive mode. At one time get_bin_dir() used to
find /usr/local/bin which is why I thought the crash was coming from the
earlier version of denemo, which would have been puzzling.

So, top priority is to get file load working in non-interactive mode.
The turning off of the signal handlers should not be done in the case
where there is no gui. It happens in close_gui() and will be done in
file.c when a file is going to be loaded (because it can't be drawn
while its data structures are being created IIRC).

HTH

Richard