[Denemo-devel] Dependency on gtksourceview missing from Denemo source bu

From: Nick Payne
Subject: [Denemo-devel] Dependency on gtksourceview missing from Denemo source build instructions
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2013 07:52:54 +1100

Hi

I just attempted to use the instructions at http://www.denemo.org/downloads-page/ to building Denemo from source on Ubuntu 13.10 amd64 after doing a git clone. The list of dependencies for .deb systems is missing libgtksourceview-3.0-dev. After copying and pasting the dependency list into terminal and ensuring the listed dependencies were installed, running ./configure fails with the message:

  checking for GTKSOURCEVIEW... no
configure: error: Package requirements (gtksourceview-3.0 >= 3.0) were not met:
  No package 'gtksourceview-3.0' found

After also installing libgtksourceview-3.0-dev, I was able to successfully build and install from source.

Regards

Nick Payne