Re: [Denemo-devel] table of midi-to-percussion values

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] table of midi-to-percussion values
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2013 08:35:40 +0100

On Sun, 2013-09-29 at 16:54 -0400, Bric wrote:
> In percussion mode (clef) denemo assigns particular percussion instruments to
> particular notes (pitches)
Well, what Denemo is doing is assigning channel 10 to the staff (see
staff properties)

> Is there a correspondence list for this somewhere?  (E.g., 64 -> bass drum, 65
> -> hi-hat, 66 -> low tom, etc., etc. (the example has bogus correspondence))

The default soundfont that is packaged with Denemo has channel 10
assigned to those things

> Forgive me if this is not denemo-specific... perhaps denemo uses standard,

The soundfont is conforming (I think) to a standard called GM (for
General MIDI) ... try wikipedia

You can change the sound font, of course...