[Denemo-devel] New binary snapshots

From: rshann
Subject: [Denemo-devel] New binary snapshots
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2012 15:14:34 +0000

I downloaded and ran the windows binary, and I can report that the thumbnails are no longer being generated (good!), and as far as I can tell the hanging of the portaudio/midi library on exit has stopped (good!). There is a major issue though with the typesetting - Denemo is not releasing its lock on the pdf output files that LilyPond creates, which in the present code means that only two output runs are possible for an invocation of Denemo. (This is because instead of generating a new filename for every typeset I changed to just two filenames, alternating them each typeset, in the expectation that the evince widget would release its open file descriptor on the old one when loading the new one. It seems this is not happening though, which is bad in any case, as we will run out of file descriptors).
I'll look into fixing this.