Re: [Denemo-devel] Button missing

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Button missing
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2012 15:27:49 +0000

On Mon, 2012-10-29 at 11:38 +0100, Andreas Schneider wrote:
> You're right, but what the standard user is used to is that a message
> box has a button. In my opinion, the standard user will be irritated
> by
> such a window without a button. Maybe he'll think something's wrong
> (in
> the sense that the program might crash soon).

I have restored the Close button with the new semantic of hiding the
dialog window. We can now implement a "Do not show this again" feature
by adding the checkbox causing it to attach an attribute to the dialog
(g_object_set_data) and using a static instance in the caller which can
be checked before use. This requires going through calls to infodialog()
in the source. Note that the call from scheme (in view.c) is already
modified, the scheme caller would need to implement a "Do not show
again" feature.