Re: [Denemo-devel] GetOnsetTime bugs

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] GetOnsetTime bugs
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2011 09:55:53 +0000

On Sat, 2011-01-15 at 00:36 +0100, Nils Gey wrote:
> Hello Richard,
>
> just use the following script. The music has one real bug, one can be
> discussed, but I think tied notes should return their own time.
> Description in the script itself:
>
> (Blank)
> (d-Set2)
> (d-InsertC)
> (d-InsertD)
> (d-InsertQuarterRest)
> (d-InsertF)
> (d-ToggleTie)
> (d-InsertF)
> (Repeat d-InsertG 3)
> (d-AddAfter)
> (d-MoveToBeginning)
> (d-InsertC)
> (d-InsertD)
> (d-InsertE)
> (d-InsertF)
> (d-InsertF)
> (Repeat d-InsertG 3)
>
> (if (not (d-GetOnsetTime))
> (d-RecreateTimebase))
> (newline)(newline)(newline)
> (disp "======== Bug info ========")
> (disp "Rests return #f")
yes, there is no MIDI event associated with a rest

> (d-GoToPosition 1 1 1 3)
> (disp "Rest time: " (d-GetOnsetTime))
> (d-GoToPosition 1 2 1 3)
> (disp "Note time same position: " (d-GetOnsetTime))
> (newline)
> (disp "Tied notes create wrong time (returns next note).")
> (d-GoToPosition 1 1 2 1)
> (disp "Second note from tie " (d-GetOnsetTime))
> (d-GoToPosition 1 2 2 1)
> (disp "Note time same position: " (d-GetOnsetTime))

Second note from tie 2.500455
Note time same position: 2.000364
Again, there is no MIDI event taking place at this time, the MIDI event
that is generated in response to this note is the same one as the note
it is an extension of, it affects the off time of that event.

At first glance it does not seem that there is anything useful to be
done in C here.

Richard