Re: [Denemo-devel] Create Own modes

From: Nils
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Create Own modes
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 17:54:15 +0100

Well, basically its Emacs vs. Vim here.

For the script-set I have in mind I want to use simple keycombinations like "1"
or "Ctrl+1". Of course they are already in use.
So whats needed is a key/menu that has to be activated only once and after that
I can use the simple keystrokes.

The alternative version is to use elaborate shortcuts like Emacs or Photoshop.
"Esc, Crtl+Shift+1."

The first thing that came to my mind is a "Mode" like Denemo already has with
insert, classic etc.
Basically its just a triggered change of Shortcuts.

Nils