Re: [Denemo-devel] Denemo Release 0.8.10 now available

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Denemo Release 0.8.10 now available
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 2009 21:32:51 +0000

On Thu, 2009-11-05 at 22:09 +0100, Pietro Battiston wrote:
> Il giorno mer, 04/11/2009 alle 19.28 +0000, Richard Shann ha scritto:
> > Denemo version 0.8.10 is now released, see
> > http://denemo.org/index.php/Get_Denemo for details of how to obtain it.
>
> Great, Debian package is in progress.
in bocca al lupo!

> > The new features in this release include:
> >
> > * Text attached to Denemo music: Keep your TODO list/notes on errata in
> > the source etc attached to the relevant place in the music.
> > * New Bookmark System, integrating Rehearsal Marks
> > * Augment /Diminish the duration of selected notes.
> > * Whole Measure rests.
> > * Anacrusis: the length of the upbeat is determined from the music.
> > * First and second time Measures in repeats.
> > * Immediate playback via MIDI - educational games can now output notes
> > on MIDI instruments.
> > * Custom collections of buttons: any command can be placed, ready to
> > use, on a button bar.
> > * Changing preferences via script.
> > * EditObject command (usually right-click or Tab) now gives direct
> > access to any Attributes set on note or chord.
> > * Cut and Paste fixes: multiple measures across adjacent staffs can now
> > be cut/pasted.
> > * Better mouse selection of music.
> > * Many bugs fixed: Import Midi, display after clef changes, crash on
> > dragging mouse off top of display, crash on cancel new staff in
> > initial ...
>
> Is your mail the only place where this information is reported?
>
> Or, in other words: is it normal that file Changelog was last modified
yes, ChangeLog was abandoned when we moved from CVS, as we have checkin
messages in git. The information about the release comes from the
denemo.org website where a list is kept of all the new features etc as
they go into git. The Changelog/checkin messages gives too much detail,
but there is a danger of losing a mention of features via the hand
written list - it really depends on me being so proud of my new
features!

Richard