Re: [Denemo-devel] Jackmidi Status?

From: Nils
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Jackmidi Status?
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 20:11:31 +0200

> I started reading up on embedding fluidsynth into denemo. It seems very
> trivial to do this but it adds another dependency. Is the plan to get
> rid of portaudio? If so what do users use for audio input? jack? How
> well does jack work on windows?

I do not know that for sure, but I will test it on several systems. And I have
contact to the windows JACK devs.

In that case its exchanging fluidsynth and portaudio. Like I said, fluidsynth
takes care of Audio-out on its own.

AND there is still the GNU rule that the Linux version must be superior than
other OS's versions :)

Nils