[Denemo-devel] What is the duration of a measure

From: Richard Shann
Subject: [Denemo-devel] What is the duration of a measure
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 09:07:55 +0100

Jeremiah
Do you know if we have a function to get the duration of a whole measure
given the time signature?
I am trying to improve the whole measure rest thing, I can do that if I
can transform
        4/4         -->   r1
        12/8        -->   r1.

and so on
(hmm, for all possible keysigs? it would mean

5/8 --> r2 r8

or anything equivalent but I don't personally need this)

My question is about Denemo internals really - is there some conversion
from keysignature to whole measure length that you have come across
doing the stuff you have done so far?