[Denemo-devel] Denemo on the Nokia N800

From: Richard Shann
Subject: [Denemo-devel] Denemo on the Nokia N800
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 19:41:12 +0100

At the GNU Hackers' meeting today Neil Jerram showed me Denemo working
on his Nokia N800 (an Internet Tablet, a sort of palm top computer).

What surprised me was that the interface had not been tweaked to account
for the lack of keyboard. Neil and I opened up
his /usr/share/denemo/denemoui.xml file and added the AddDot action on
to the Note Entry toolbar and on running Denemo again, the dotting of
notes became possible. (Without a keyboard you would have to go down
through the menu system to find it each time!).

I still can't imagine a serious use for this though... Edward Elgar is
on the 3.30 train to Paddington from the Malverns and an enigmatic theme
drifts into his mind - quick as a flash he whips out his Nokia N800, and
he jots it down in Denemo...