[Denemo-devel] Wishlist

From: Nils Gey
Subject: [Denemo-devel] Wishlist
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2008 19:08:05 +0200

Hi list,

Regarding the crowded wishlist:

First it is nice to see, that users are really use this function. Since I am
the website-admin let me suggest some ways of keeping it clear and useful.

1) The most important thing is, that people can easily make an entry to the
wishlist. Without registration and with a simple form this is possible. We
discussed spam-avoidance in another thread and currently there is no regular
spam. I shifted the entry-form to the top. Now its a bit ugly, but its easier
to write.

Deleting entries is simple. I suggest to delete already read wishes and do the
following

2) The person who cares most about the wish is the person who made the entry.
Second is the Denemo-team. A quick notification via e-mail is nice and the user
feels, that he is in good hands (or how do you say...). Even if the wish is no
longer in the list, the contributer will surely know that we have read it. I
suggest that the dev who, for example, works on that feature, writes the mail.

3) This is the most important point: If the wish is a feature request which is
already fulfilled or finished after the entry was made then there is no need
for the wish anymore. To avoid that people wish for a feature which is already
there it is important to keep the featurelist and the manual up to date.

4) If the wish is a follow-up, a discussion or a re-request we must surpress
this on the wishlist and invite the user to the mailinglist. If the users don't
want to use the mailinglist we can think about a forum on denemo.org, but that
is a different discussion because its a general community/dev thing which is
followed by "When forum why mailinglist and whereIsTheIRCchannel"

5) Bugs in the wishlist can be deleted and placed in the bugtracker. Maybe a
short email to the contributer.

Finally: I could the website send an email if a new entry is made. I don't
think that is necessary, but I wanted to tell you, that its avaible.
I also deleted some whises, following my own rules, with sending mails.

Nils