[Denemo-devel] newview() and the GtkActions it creates

From: Richard Shann
Subject: [Denemo-devel] newview() and the GtkActions it creates
Date: Sat, 05 Jul 2008 16:21:32 +0100

I wonder whether it is sane, creating a new set of actions for each New
Window (i.e. each invocation of newview() which lets you edit a new
musical score in a separate window).
I suspect this was hacked in a long time ago, perhaps in different
circumstances...
The only useful difference between the actions is the parameter (a
DenemoGUI*) that is passed to the callback of the action. This parameter
is just the DenemoGUI* that newview() creates.
We don't want to be defining different keybindings on different windows
or anything like that. There must surely be an easier way of
establishing which window triggered the action, and hence which musical
score should be worked on.
Are there any circumstances in which you might be working in two windows
at once (e.g. The callback for scrolling the music while doing midi
playback, or lokking into the future, a timer-operated callback
announcing that LilyPond had finished)? Can't we always pass the
relevant DenemoGUI* when we set such things up?