[Denemo-devel] Created Git repository

From: Jeremiah Benham
Subject: [Denemo-devel] Created Git repository
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 08:27:08 -0500

I set up a git repository because svn is in beta at savannah and all the
docs are kind of hidden. I also found out svn is not under the GPL
anyway so I thought Git is more of the GNU way. My first concern was if
users would be put off downloading and testing if they had to install
git. I guess git provides cvs emulation in a way because you can still
get the git archive using cvs like this:

cvs -d:pserver:address@hidden:/denemo.git co -d denemo
master

Eventhough we will have to get use to git, I think this may make life a
bit easier in terms of administration in the long run.

I don't know if all the files are up there yet so everyone should still
use cvs until further notice.

Here is a website with some basic usage info:
http://savannah.gnu.org/maintenance/UsingGit

If we decide later on down the road that this is not what we want we can
just delete it.