Re: [Demexp-dev] Retrieving Tag List

From: Lyu Abe
Subject: Re: [Demexp-dev] Retrieving Tag List
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2007 23:37:38 +0900

David,

   So, if we consider we have 273 questions on the server, you should
   do:

    set1 = tag_set_of_question_group(cookie, 0, 100)

    set2 = tag_set_of_question_group(cookie, 100, 100)

    set3 = tag_set_of_question_group(cookie, 200, 73)

    unpack set1, set2 and set3 to get the tags assigned to each question
    with id in 0 to 272.

    use tag_info() to get the label of a group of tags, in the same way
    as question_info()

Ok, that was actually my original idea (to use "sets")... but I was not sure I was correctly understanding the way it worked.

If you have some persistent state on your web server side (e.g. a
database), you might store the retrieved tags or tags assigned to a
given question from your local state. That might improve
performance. But in that case you need maintain coherence with the
server in case of changes with timetsamps. We might see this at a later
time. ;-)
Yes ok.

Many thanks for the time you invest in demexp,
I'm trying to do the maximum as long as I'm motivated(!) :D

        Lyu