[Demexp-dev] A note Source Control Management (SCM)

From: David MENTRE
Subject: [Demexp-dev] A note Source Control Management (SCM)
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2007 12:29:53 +0200

Hello,

This email is mainly for Lyu and Diogene but others might be interested.

The official Source Control Management (SCM) system for demexp is
Mercurial, aka Hg (http://www.selenic.com/mercurial/wiki/). For example,
all my source trees for demexp are available as Mercurial repositories
(http://www.linux-france.org/cgi-bin/hgwebdir.cgi).

Amongst several features, Mercurial is totally distributed, simple to
use (a branch is a separate repository), fast and works on Windows,
Linux and MacOS X.

So, if you plan to use an SCM to manage your code, I suggest that you
also use Mercurial. Of course, if you have another prefered tool, feel
free to use that one.

Yours,
d.
--
GPG/PGP key: A3AD7A2A David MENTRE <address@hidden>
 5996 CC46 4612 9CA4 3562  D7AC 6C67 9E96 A3AD 7A2A