[Demexp-dev] [Richard Jones] [Caml-list] Cross-platform "Hello, World" g

From: David MENTRE
Subject: [Demexp-dev] [Richard Jones] [Caml-list] Cross-platform "Hello, World" graphical application in OCaml
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 19:22:43 +0100

Hello,

In following post on Caml-list, Richard Jones as made a tutorial on how
to make an OCaml with GTK application both for Windows and Linux
platforms. Might be useful for the port of demexp client to Windows.

Yours,
d.

--- Begin Message --- Subject: [Caml-list] Cross-platform "Hello, World" graphical application in OCaml Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 12:03:08 +0000 User-agent: Mutt/1.3.28i
http://merjis.com/developers/xphelloworld

This is something I've been meaning to do for over a year now, and
I've finally got around to it.  In 2003 I worked on a project where we
wrote a complex graphical (Gtk-based) application for Windows.  The
program was primarily written on Linux, and we developed a
cross-platform Makefile and installer allowing us to target both
Windows and Unix platforms.  The managers of this project have kindly
allowed me to release the Makefile, NSIS installer script, and
supporting code into the public domain.

This is a "Hello, World"-type program which shows how it is possible
to write a cross-platform graphical application which targets Windows
and Unix.  On Windows, it comes with an installer, an uninstaller, a
desktop icon and menu entries.  It has the native Windows look and
feel on Windows.  On Linux/Unix it has the ordinary Gtk look and feel.

License is public domain.  You can do whatever you like with the
Makefile and installer script, including writing proprietary packages.

I need help documenting how to install all the many extra development
packages required under Windows.  Let me know if you can help me
document this.  At the moment I have a Windows box here which works,
but I'll need to reverse engineer exactly what I installed and where I
got each component from.

Rich.

--
Richard Jones, CTO Merjis Ltd.