dejagnu

Re: isremote and unix board special handling question

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: isremote and unix board special handling question
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2018 18:44:39 -0700

On 11/27/18 3:46 PM, Steve Ellcey wrote:

  Sorry, catching up from being offline while traveling...

> I have a question about the special handling of the 'unix' name in
> dejagnu.  I am doing some GCC testing which uses dejagnu and I
> want to create a new baseboard (unix-sysroot) which is just like

  In the beginning... Cygnus only supported native compilation only, but
all the Unixes were different (AIX, SysV, BSD, etc...) So DejaGnu used
"unix" for native compilation. Then later cross testing supported got
added when Cygnus decided cross compiling was a better business. Anyway,
this isn't really special handling, just an artifact of that transition.
Sorry...

  Somedays I find it hard to believe people still use DejaGnu after all
these decades, but I know that for GCC testing, there's not really a
replacement.

        - rob -