dejagnu

[DejaGnu] tcl autoloader broken by runtest?

From: Scott Sewall
Subject: [DejaGnu] tcl autoloader broken by runtest?
Date: Wed, 01 May 2002 18:38:15 -0700

I would like to continue a discussion that was started last Jan by Charles
Bergan regarding the tcl autoloader not working with runtest.

To summarize, packages cannot be loaded from the test scripts

Original post:
    http://mail.gnu.org/pipermail/dejagnu/2002-January/000164.html

Rob's response:
    http://mail.gnu.org/pipermail/dejagnu/2002-January/000165.html

I'm experiencing the same problem.

I'm running FreeBSD 4.5-RELEASE with the following packages installed:
-- tcl-8.3.4_4
-- expect-5.32.1
-- dejagnu-1.4.2

The file testsuite/lib/redline.exp contains the following line:

    package require http 2.4

I receive the following error when running runtest:

    ERROR: (DejaGnu) proc "tclPkgUnknown http 2.4" does not exist.
    The error code is

I tried removing the unknown{} proc from lib/framework.exp as Rob suggests,
but this only produces a different set of errors:

    ERROR: tcl error sourcing library file ./lib/redline.exp.
    can't read "errorInfo": no such variable
    can't read "errorInfo": no such variable
        while executing
    "set savedErrorInfo $errorInfo"
        (procedure "unknown" line 24)
        invoked from within
    "tclPkgUnknown http 2.4"
        ("package unknown" script)
        invoked from within
    "package require http 2.4"
        (file "./lib/redline.exp" line 8)
        invoked from within
    "source ./lib/redline.exp"
        ("uplevel" body line 1)
        invoked from within
     "uplevel #0 source ./lib/redline.exp"
        invoked from within
    "catch "uplevel #0 source ${dir}/${initfile}" error"

Can anyone recommend a solution so I can use packages from my test scripts?

Thanks!

-- Scott