ddd

Re: Missing execution position with ddd 3.3.9

From: Andrew Gaylard
Subject: Re: Missing execution position with ddd 3.3.9
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2004 13:48:52 +0200

Arno Arkesteijn wrote:
Hi,
I am using ddd 3.3.9 (in combination with GDB 6.1) to debug a program. When my program hits a breakpoint, the "->" glyph (execution posistion) is not shown?
When I press the "Step" button, then it is shown.
Any idea where i should start looking for (wrong setting in ddd?) to correct this problem? With regards,
Arno Arkesteijn
*Arno Arkesteijn*
*Ontwerper*
*Hardware en Embedded Software*

This report comes up from time to time, but with no satisfactory
explanation.  Although I've never seen the problem directly,
I'd love to see it tracked-n-whacked" once and for all.

Does iconising and restoring the DDD window help at those
times when you can't see the "->"?  This will send an expose
event to every window, so if it helps, then it's a problem
with the way that DDD sends X information.  (Just a thought.)

Try following the trace in another window; does anything different
happen at those times when the glyph isn't visible?

Can you provide some details of your platform?

Andrew.