ddd

Adding functionality to user defined buttons

From: Anand Vaddiraju
Subject: Adding functionality to user defined buttons
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2002 13:20:09 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I added a button to DDD (with GDB) using the Commands->Define Command menu,
and assigned the following command set to the button:

  break $arg0
  commands
  set variable a=17
  end

I am having problems getting this to work because there are nested 'end's when
DDD tries to register the user command with GDB.  Therefore I want to hardcode
the functionality attached to this button by changing the source code.  What
I want to do is:

  1. Define a user-command (and button) that just sets the breakpoint.

  2. Whenever the user hits this button, enqueue an additional command that
     does:
       commands
       set variable a=17
       end

I tried kludging this in do_gdb_command() (Command.C), by enqueueing
"commands\nset variable a=17\nend" after the user command is enqueued, but I
am running into problems with the queueing mechanism -- the commands being
sent to gdb are not in the same order as the enqueued command.

I now want to do this at a much higher level, at the function which is
called when the user hits a user-defined button.  I have had no luck so far
in locating this function.  If anyone can point me to it, or can suggest an
alternate strategy, I will greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,
Anand

Anand Vaddiraju