ddd

Problem building ddd-3.3.1 + gcc-3.0.1

From: Wayne Yen
Subject: Problem building ddd-3.3.1 + gcc-3.0.1
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2001 10:01:39 -0700

Hi:
I am having problem compiling the logplayer.c the error messages is
ambiguous type 'streampos'...

I believe it's because the HAVE_STREAMPOS is undefined in the
ddd/config.h;  If I commented out the ddd/streampos.h's 'typedef long
streampos;'  I could modify the config.h though I did not.

I looked the email archive briefly, seemingly there is no reference to
this issue.

I'd like to find the root cause of why HAVE_STREAMPOS is not defined in
the config.h, so that I don't miss any hidden problem just because that
one logplayer.C compiles...

The relevent configuration is
RedHat 7.2
GCC 3.0.1