ddd

Re: Test coverage with DDD

From: Andreas Zeller
Subject: Re: Test coverage with DDD
Date: 05 Sep 2001 18:35:05 +0200

Hi!

Alain Nouvel <address@hidden> writes:

> I will be interested to get information on how to see the evolution
> of debugged lines in a file or routine with a test coverage tool.
> Is there any commande that allows to do test coverage and that is
> already included in DDD?

DDD has no support for test coverage (since it's a front-end to GDB,
which has neither).

> Does DDD allow to design such a third party tool ?

As far as I know (and I should :-), DDD has no specific support for
plugging in third party tools for test coverage.

> Is there a list of the third party tools that provide test coverage?

In the Linux/UNIX world, `gcov' is your friend.  I suppose there
should be some fancy GUIs for `gcov'.  And then, there's the
commercial tools...

Good luck,

Andreas Zeller

--
Andreas Zeller          Universitaet des Saarlandes, Saarbruecken, Germany
                        http://www.st.cs.uni-sb.de/~zeller/