dazuko-help

Re: [Dazuko-help] perl binding issues

From: John Ogness
Subject: Re: [Dazuko-help] perl binding issues
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 16:18:52 +0200

Richard Mann wrote:
> I'm still getting errors when running 'perl Makefile.PL', I'm getting:
>
> Warning: -L,,/library changed to
> -L/home/admin/hold/dazuko-2.3.3/example_perl/../library
>
> Note (probably harmless): No library found for -ldazuko,  but the library was
> built.

Did you first run:

$ make -C ../library

This will build the libdazuko.a library.

> When I run a make, I get quite a few errors, noticeably:
>
> IO.xs:  In function ?XS_Dazuko__IO_ReturnAccess?:
> IO.xs:104  warning: cast to pointer from integer of different size...

These warnings occur on 64-bit systems (which you seem to be running).
You can work around the problem by using a "long" instead of an "int"
for the lines mentioned (in this example, line 104).

The maintainer of the Perl binding will need to do the proper fix.

> When I try to run the perl example, I get:
>
> perl:  symbol lookup error:
> /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/x86_64-linux/auto/Dazuko/IO/IO.so: undefined
> symbol: dazukoIOVersion

I am unable to reproduce this particular problem. Was "make test"
successful?

On my 64-bit machine, I had to add "-fPIC" to the Makefile in the
library directory in order for the perl binding to work correctly. You
may want to try that as well.

> That's what i've been getting all weekend.  Is it a lib path issue
> (libdazuko.a)?

The dazukoIOVersion symbol is located within the libdazuko.a library. It
seems that Perl is unable to find this library.

John Ogness

--
Dazuko Maintainer