Re: [Dazuko-devel] Re: Kernel panics with dazukofs

From: John Ogness
Subject: Re: [Dazuko-devel] Re: Kernel panics with dazukofs
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 17:11:28 +0200

jim burns wrote:
> Ok, here's a summary of my experience with dazukofs on SuSE 10.2, reiserfs.
>
> <snip>
>
> Any ideas?

Thank you for this information. We definately have a lot to start with
now. I will get an OpenSUSE 10.2 system up and running to make sure I
can reproduce all these problems. There are several things that I am
interested in testing:

1. Creating a NOOP stackable filesystem with FiST and see if the same
problems occur. I suspect they will, which would isolate the problems to
the FiST project.

2. Trying the same tests using ecryptfs and see if the same problems
occur. ecryptfs is part of the latest mainline kernel and is also based
on the FiST project (with several modifications). If ecryptfs runs with
less problems, it may be easier to track down where the problems are.

John Ogness

--
Dazuko Maintainer