[Dazuko-devel] Fwd: Mounting DauzkoFS on root

From: jim burns
Subject: [Dazuko-devel] Fwd: Mounting DauzkoFS on root
Date: Sat, 5 May 2007 10:40:01 -0400

I was still registering for the list when I sent these emails to John:

Is this possible? I can mount it on any subdirectory, and run
dazuko-3.0.0-birthday/build/user/example/c/example ( or example_mt ), and get
events reported on the console, but not if I overlay the root filesystem.
Also, my cpu usage doesn't go up, which further confirms dazuko is not
passing anything to antivir.

Obviously, I could overlay every subdirectory of root, but if some process
manages to get a file into '/', it won't be scanned.

Thanx.

Oh, and I should say, when I try to mount DazukoFS, it doesn't echo
to /etc/mtab - only to /proc/mounts (openSuSE 10.2). I get around this by
inserting this line in /etc/init.d/boot.localfs after the local filessystem
mounts:

(until lsmod|grep dazuko; do :; done; set -x; mount -v -t dazukofs / / -o
dir=/; grep dazukofs /proc/mounts>>/etc/mtab)&