Re: [platform-testers] new snapshot available: coreutils-8.23.237-eff51

From: Joachim Schiele
Subject: Re: [platform-testers] new snapshot available: coreutils-8.23.237-eff51
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2015 15:09:00 +0100

On 25.11.2015 14:43, Pádraig Brady wrote:
> On 25/11/15 12:53, Joachim Schiele wrote:
>> i've used this patch but then i hit this issue:
>> http://paste.ubuntu.com/13498376/
>>
>> i don't have packaged makeinfo yet and i don't really care for the
>> documentation at the moment. i didn't find a ./configure switch to
>> disable it either.
>
>> and there is a patch to make it compile without
>> 'makeinfo' which changes doc/local.mk but it seems already applied in
>> 8.24 so what should i do now?
>
> I don't know what patch you're referring to, but
> it would be best to avoid makeinfo unless really needed.
> The attached should do that (note you may want to
> apply it to Makefile.in rather than doc/local.mk,
> and note it requires cmp on the build system).

viric, someone from #nixos, just pointed me to:

https://github.com/basvandijk/nixpkgs/commit/1b36f489b6fb2bde3b241d2763abfaa860a4fe55

and

https://github.com/basvandijk/nixpkgs/commit/56ff659e5d1fffd371786a3b8237129ee365ca5c

and this patch basically fools coreutils:
  touch -r src/stat.c src/tail.c

not to rebuild the docs! kind of funny solution but exactly what i need.

i thought this might be information worth sharing!

--
Joachim Schiele

blog: http://blog.lastlog.de
wiki: http://lastlog.de