I want to automatically implement nice and ionice values while running a

From: Susmita & Rajib Bandopadhyay
Subject: I want to automatically implement nice and ionice values while running an executable file
Date: Wed, 13 May 2015 23:36:18 +0530

Dear Sir,
My computer is getting older. Newer browsers, such as Firefox, Iceweasel, Chromium, etc., takes up huge system resources.

I use lxde terminal.

I will try to provide you with a scenario for my desiring to learn launching 3rd party debian app on lxpanel using code.

Everytime, I open an lxterminal.

I do

 cd /home/knoppix/nohup

I write

 nohup nice -n 19 -- ionice -n 7 -t -- chromium
in the terminal. I have chromium running with the given values, as can be found from ksysguard.

I wish to write a Chromestart.desktop file in /usr/share/applications directory where I could do this, stepwise everytime, clicking an icon on the panel that represents these steps, without my writing the codes setpwise everytime I reach runlevel 5 into lxsession.

The reason is because my computer is getting older. Newer browsers, such as Firefox, Iceweasel, Chromium, etc., take up huge system resources. The laptop, created by an Indian company called HCL, is defective. It heats up and shuts down if the CPU is given a heavy load and runs uninterrupted for sometime.

I hope I could explain myself to you.

Regards,
Rajib Bandopadhyay