Re: Add debbugs links to the coreutils website?

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: Add debbugs links to the coreutils website?
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2015 10:20:34 -0600

Assaf Gordon wrote:
> Bob Proulx wrote:
> >Assaf Gordon wrote:
> >>Would you be willing to add a link to the coreutils' debbug page on
> >>  the coreutils website in the "Getting Help" section?
> >
> >You mean in addition to the section that already mentions it?
>
> I completely missed that one!
> got too used to looking at the "getting help" list...
>
> Sorry for the noise.

I don't know.  There is some general duplication of information in
that top section.  I think the idea is to try to roll up the most
important parts from the rest of the document up into a top quick help
section.  So...  It might make sense to have that part duplicated too.
The mailing list parts are duplicated for example.  As long as the
quick-up-top section doesn't expand to be larger than the main
section.  The challenge is always to provide the right level of detail
at the right place. (shrug)

Bob