[no subject]

From: Guilherme de Almeida Suckevicz
Date: Tue, 13 May 2014 15:27:04 -0300

Hello!

I would like to ask if this gnulib test is right.
I will reproduce some steps to arrive there and explain what is happening!

I have a virtual machine with Fedora 20 installed, so logging with ssh as
root.

[root@fedoralab ~]# logname
root

[root@fedoralab ~]# su - flab
[flab@fedoralab ~]$ logname
root

[flab@fedoralab ~]$ cd coreutils/build
[flab@fedoralab build]$ make

... a lot of output ...

[flab@fedoralab build]$ make check

... a lot of output ...

It fails on the test-getlogin.c!
Exactly on this part:

      ASSERT (strcmp (buf, name) == 0);

Because the buf content is the result of the getlogin function, this is,
the owner of the controlling terminal, and the content of name, that is the
USER or LOGNAME environment variable that is set by the shell, like they
are differentthe test fails.

If it is really an error and if is possible, I would like to help and make
the changes!

Thanks!
Guilherme Almeida.