Re: coretutils package produces the ownership issue during "mv" command

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: coretutils package produces the ownership issue during "mv" command execution.
Date: Tue, 14 May 2013 09:28:55 -0600

Koteswararao Nelakurthi wrote:
> Thanks again for your valuable response.
> May I know to how to check the difference
> (May be patches wise) between r6.0.6 to
> r6.0.7 of coreutils package
> Probably..by looking at git web interface
> of coreutils package ?
> can we find the same?

What distribution are you using?  The r6.0.6 part is designating local
changes by your distribution's packaging.  Download the package source
for both r6.0.6 and r6.0.7 and compare them.  That will point to a
local patch that has been applied that will contain the problem.

Because this behavior is due to a patch applied by your distribution
it would be useful to submit a bug report against your distribution's
packaging so that they can fix it in a newer version.

Bob