Re: How to post large files

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: How to post large files
Date: Fri, 3 May 2013 16:29:39 -0600

Jim Meyering wrote:
> Bob Proulx wrote:
> > Not so much to the coreutils mailing lists but to the other mailing
> > lists there have been quite a few large files attempted to be posted.
> > And when I say large I mean 10M files posted to mailing lists with
> > 1200+ subscribers in the worst cases!  Usually somewhat less large.
> > I wanted to say a few words about posting large files.
>
> Nice post.  Thanks for putting all of that in one place.
> Perhaps link to it from the coreutils-FAQ?

Frankly I thought I would warm up with that post and then see what
discussion followed.  Then post it over to gnu-prog-discuss for a
wider audience. :-)

There is an effort going to get the wiki going again.  (Spammers
killed it months ago.)  I think this would be a good thing to have on
a wiki page.  But same idea.  Something that can be referred to.  But
I think a better fit for that information since it isn't really a
question as such.

Bob