Re: error : shell doesn't find the path?

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: error : shell doesn't find the path?
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2012 13:55:33 -0700

sreekanth dhulipalla wrote:
> This is the error iam getting when iam run the command ./startadmin.sh
> startadmin.sh is an executable file when iam trying to run it shows the
> below error

You have reached the GNU Coreutils mailing list.  The GNU Coreutils
are the basic file, shell and text manipulation utilities of the GNU
Operating System.  You can learn more about GNU Coreutils here:

  http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/

The GNU Coreutils are part of the GNU Operating System.  You can learn
more about the GNU Project here:

  http://www.gnu.org/

> [sree@localhost bin]$ ./startadmin.sh
> ./startadmin.sh: line 1:
> domain-home=/home/sree/bea/user_projects/domains/base_domain: No such file
> or directory

But you are asking a generic question about your shell script.  I am
sorry but this is the wrong mailing list.  That has nothing to do with
the GNU coreutils project.  We don't know anything about it.

Having said that the error message seems pretty clear.  It is
accessing a file path that does not exist.

> body of the file is
>
> [sree@localhost bin]$ cat startadmin.sh
> domain-home=/home/sree/bea/user_projects/domains/base_domain

In spite of this being off topic let me say that the above is not a
valid shell variable name.  "domain-home" is not a valid name.
Perhaps you expected to use an underscore there?

> nohup $domain-home/bin/startWebLogic.sh >>admin.log 2>&1 &

This expands the "$domain" variable which isn't set.

> the problem is doesn't find the path. in previous it will work but now it
> will shoes the error?

Good luck!
Bob