Re: df command should suppress duplicates

From: Bernhard Voelker
Subject: Re: df command should suppress duplicates
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 18:45:13 +0100

On 10/04/2012 07:36 PM, Ondrej Oprala wrote:
> Hi, I haven't heard from this thread in a while, are there still things
> to be done here?

Hi Ondrej,

FWIW, I've rebased your patch to Git master.
(The only change I made - besides resolving the conflicts -
was to declare devlist_head static to make syntax-check happy.)

However, that implementation needs further discussion:

* IMO, "df -a" should not skip bind mounts, and instead
  print all of the lines.

* It doesn't play well with Robert's suggestion for hiding
  the 'rootfs' entry, because dev_examined() already added
  the entry for the '/' file system before the rootfs entry is
  skipped, which makes the real '/' entry also be skipped.
  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/coreutils/2012-11/msg00091.html

  But also Robert's patch deserves further discussion.
  IMO e.g. "df -t rootfs" and again "df -a" should not skip
  rootfs. And read_file_system_list must be called with true
  param to make it work.

* It still allocates one devlist entry more than needed.

Have a nice day,
Berny