Re: dd: add braces as requested by HACKING coding standard

From: Pádraig Brady
Subject: Re: dd: add braces as requested by HACKING coding standard
Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2012 01:55:20 +0000

On 02/05/2012 04:58 PM, Jérémy Compostella wrote:
> All,
>
> Working on dd new features, I found out that a do/while statement wasn't
> respecting the HACKING coding standard.
>
> I attached the patch which fix this.

I made a couple of meta changes:

1. Changed the tag of the commit message from dd: to maint:
since this has no functional change to dd.  This helps when
scanning the auto generated summary of changes.

2. You inconsistently use é and e in your name between git config
and your emailer and patches on github.  I adjusted to using é
as I presume that's more correct?

3. I removed the redundant Signed-Off line

4. I summarised the file and function where the change was made

5. I removed the debbugs email address from the CC of this mail.
address@hidden is best for patches.

I hope these changes don't seem pedantic.
Keeping a consistent commit structure does help with ongoing maintenance.
Also using a consistent format is quicker as less thinking is involved.
Also tools like http://www.gnu.org/software/vc-dwim/ can be used
if doing many such patches.

I'll push the attached if you concur.

cheers,