Re: rename command

From: James Youngman
Subject: Re: rename command
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 22:37:32 +0100

If we're going to implement a "rename" command, can we make one that
copes with internal newlines (IIRC "rename" does not) and doesn't
force the user to assume path names are text[1]?

[1] UNIX-like kernels mostly think path names are byte sequences
terminated by '\0', possibly including one or more instances of '/'.
In particular, filesystems routinely contain files with a multiplicity
of character encodings.