From: Sven Joachim
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2010 08:40:22 +0100

On 2010-03-08 07:51 +0100, Jim Meyering wrote:

> We will soon hook up a debbugs-based bug tracker to the existing,
> bug-coreutils list, and it will create a new ticket for each
> seemingly-new thread.
>
> We will then prefer to keep usage questions and general discussion on
> the new list.  Otherwise, we'll have to "close" each of those non-bugs.
> No big deal if people forget -- I'm sure it will take a while for the
> word to get out.  And finger-retraining takes time, too.
>
> Let's start with this policy: is if it might be a bug, send it to
> address@hidden.  Otherwise, use the new list: address@hidden.

I would like to subscribe this new list to Gmane¹ if nobody has done
this yet.  I suppose address encryption² could be turned off (makes it
somewhat more convenient to reply) ?

As for the group name, gmane.comp.gnu.core-utils.general seems to be a
reasonable choice.

Sven

¹ http://gmane.org/about.php
² http://gmane.org/tmda.php