consensus

Re: [GNU/consensus] ZCash (lupa)

From: lupa
Subject: Re: [GNU/consensus] ZCash (lupa)
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2016 15:55:40 -0400

> Hi,
> I've have two questions:
>
> The pages says "hide the sender, recipient, and value of all
> transactions on the blockchain"
> How does zcash do it?
> Does it use an anonymisation network like Tor?
No idea. There are some link and information about zcash protocol and
things like that.

> If zcash was the only currency how could a country get its taxes to pay
> for the streets, schools, universities, teachers, police, hospital, fire
> fighters, ambulance, water supply (just think of Flint-
> http://michaelmoore.com/10FactsOnFlint/ ) - public infrastructure?
>
> I'd prefer to make it mandatory to give a certain percentage of the
> received money to the public good.
> Maybe with the choice or cut-up into pieces to give it to:
> * one country of your choice (inter regional infrastructure)
> * a public regional account (your nearby local infrastructure)
> * your local community-commune/village/town
> which are proven official accounts
> Do you think the zcash-team is open to this ethical approach?
> Since the website does not say anything about taxes, i've got the
> terrible suspicion that it got built as a means of tax evasion/egoism. I
> think here of the Panama papers. And the capitalist incentive to evade
> regional legislation/regulations.
> I personally think public accounts and its transactions should be
> publicly visible. People of a democratic country deserve to know what is
> done with their money in the most convenient way.
> As well as a right of direct co-determination as it is technically
> possible nowadays.
>
> Code is law.
> Dmos
This is very interesting point. You can try to contact and ask them.

Maybe taxes will have to make their own evolution according to the new
scenario.

Anyway, capitalism sucks and it still there and stronger than ever,
maybe we don't have to think on how will work taxing systems, and
instead something like: how humanity will better distribute all the
goods and resources, because now it's a mess.

From my point of view, Ethic Capitalism is an Oximoron.

cheers,

--
Lupa
---------------------------------

El contenido de este mensaje de correo electrónico y de sus archivos adjuntos
está(n) dirigido(s) exclusivamente a el(los) destinatario(s) del mismo.  Si
usted no es el destinatario indicado, o si este mensaje le ha sido enviado por
error, queda advertido en el sentido de no leer, divulgar, reproducir,
distribuir, diseminar o utilizar este mensaje en forma alguna.

Statement of Confidentiality

The contents of this e-mail message and its attachments are intended solely for
the addressee(s) hereof.  If you are not the named addressee, or if this
message has been addressed to you in error, you are directed not to read,
disclose, reproduce, distribute, disseminate or otherwise use this e-mail.