cons-discuss

Re: multiline comments in cons

From: Dominique Dumont
Subject: Re: multiline comments in cons
Date: 12 Sep 2001 15:40:20 +0200

Timothee Besset <address@hidden> writes:

> Fairly often I want to put multi line comments in my cons files (to comment
> out big chunks of stuff that where experimental for instance). I suck at
> perl, but I have a book nethertheless .. and I was hopging I could use
> something like that:
>
> <actual cons stuff>
>
> =
> <commented out stuff>
> =cut
>
> which seems to be a regular perl syntax for comments? Am I missing something?

Nope. This syntax is used to include doc in the perl program. (See
perpod(1)).

To comment out a chunk of code, you can :
- enclose the code with if (0) { .... }
- use emacs with CPerl chich can comments out chunks of code. Cperl
can even fill paragraph inside the comments
- use any other editor with this functionnality.

HTH

--
address@hidden