cons-discuss

RE: Parallel Cons

From: Thomas Gleerup
Subject: RE: Parallel Cons
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 20:16:05 +0200

Steven, Kevin,

I looked at the parallel cons efforts some time ago, but quickly found that
pcons (based on 1.5/1.6 from 1999) was indeed very old and incompatible with
version 2.3.0.

I then decided to incorporate the pcons features into version 2.3.0. I have
improved the code a little in that && is automatically inserted for
multi-line commands.
The status is that the code passes all tests for "-j 1", thus making it
"backward" compatible. However, it fails 6 tests using '-j 8'. Not all
errors can be attributed to the known deficiencies of the original pcons.
I have used it successfully for a while, and it really speeds things up on a
4-CPU machine!

I have attached the code and a list of tests that fail together with a few
comments. Feel free to use it any way you like.

Thomas                    ```
                          @ @
---------------------oOO--(_)--OOo---------
Thomas Gleerup, M.Sc.